Wednesday 30 April 2014

How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

I have used a wide range of media technologies throughout the whole progress of the A2 coursework. The first media technology which I used was blogger. Blogger is a website which enables anybody to create their own blogs which can then be followed by any person visiting the website. It is a site I used to store my coursework in AS level and because of it's easy to use/access nature I have continued to do so with my A2 Coursework. Each peice of work, from the research and planning to the actual creation of my media products has it's own individual post upon my page so it's east to find and is well organised.
When planning for my media products I was required to produce a lot of research into existing products within the alternative rock genre. Making this job a lot more simple for me was YouTube. The popular video sharing website, established in 2005, holds billions of vids free to view. From comedy to sports, YouTube caters for all and importantly for me it is the home to thousands of music videos. By searching bands well known alternative rock bands such as Arctic Monkeys and Fall Out Boy I was able to gather a solid list of conventions for music videos belonging to my genre therefore helping me to create a video which reflects a real life product. As well as this YouTube was also the platform I used to release my final music video to the world when I was happy with what I had.
Moving on to the actual creation of my media products, starting with my music video. The first technology I needed when creating a music video was a camera. My weapon of choice was the Sony Handy Cam which I borrowed from the College media department. Despite the camera boasting an 8.9 megapixel camera it was pretty basic on the interface and therefore really easy to use for first time users, like myself. A key function it did have was the ability to allow me to watch back the footage as soon as I'd filmed it. With this option available it made it a lot easier when it came to deciding whether to re-shoot certain shots whilst we was on location rather then having to leave and discover a shot required a re-shoot when we uploaded the footage onto a computer.  As well as this, it's portability and small size also came as a positive as it was easy to carry around on long shooting days. Along with the digital camera I also borrowed an attachable tripod. With the tripod it opened up more options in terms of shot types allowing me to work with still shots and pan shots.
Sticking with the creation of my music video and another media technology which proved crucial was the Adobe Premierpro CS6 program which was available via college editing suites. Initially Premierpro was a whole new program I had never used before and so I struggled to make full use of it's abilities. However after being fortunate enough to gain some advice from one of the college experts I managed to get into a situation were I was really confident using the program to edit. Infact, on my final music video, I actually included advanced edits such are the stobe light effect, a rewind montage and a blurred vision edit to give the effect the character was intoxicated. 

Moving onwards to the creation of my digipak and promo poster and we are introduced to another key Adobe media technology, this time Photoshop. Photoshop was an absolutely crucial program for the creation of both producs and, unlike Premierpro, I had previous experience in AS level and so was much more confident to act independently. 

No comments:

Post a Comment